The Slim 4 Life weight loss plan is available through visits to one of their Minneapolis and Colorado-based clinics.
Unlike some other plans that are centered around clinics, the Slim 4 Life program is not also offered online, making it redundant to anyone living outside these areas.
The Slim 4 Life website gives a limited amount of information about the centers and the diet program. The site is very easy to use and contains a location finder, FAQ section, and consumer testimonials.
A large feature on the site is a video presentation of the Slim 4 Life television commercials which basically just show satisfied customers stating how much weight they have lost.
The Slim 4 Life program promises fast, safe weight loss although they cleverly emphasis all that can be gained by losing weight (self-esteem, health, energy etc.).
The plan is based on a daily calorie intake of approximately 1500 calories which they claim includes a variety of foods and requires no pre-packaged meals like some other plans.
As well as the dietary part of the program, Slim 4 Life offers one-on-one counseling with registered nurses and Slim 4 Life professionals who take into account the individual’s needs, such as dietary requirements, medical or physical problems.
The aim is to re-educate the dieter in terms of making healthy food choices, learning correct portion sizes and maintaining a healthy weight for the long term.
There are no sample menus shown on the website and there is very little mentioned in regards to fitness and exercise.
The website states that although exercise is an important part of daily life, it is not necessary when losing weight on the Slim 4 Life program.
- Slim 4 Life centers offer personal weight loss guidance
- The diet is designed to sustain long term weight loss
- The testimonials on the site can be viewed by category: gender, pounds lost, lifestyles etc.
- The weight loss expectancy is a safe amount of between 2-3lbs a week
- The program does not require purchasing prepared diet meals
- The site features a FAQ section
- There is a free 30 minute initial consultation
- Customers can take advantage of a $50.00 discount when joining the program
- The diet plan is restrictive
- The customer has to live near one of the Slim 4 Life centers
- The diet does require Slim 4 Life Shakes and bars (not mentioned on the site)
- The program is reported to be very expensive (in the range of $300-$500)
- There are no positive independent reviews of the diet online
- The website does not include adequate information about the plan or the cost involved
- The plan does not involve a regular exercise program
The Bottom Line
Even if one did live near a Slim 4 Life center, this diet plan would not be recommended. It is never a good sign when a company discloses so little about themselves, particularly in regards to the cost of the program, which in this case is very expensive.
Those who have been on the Slim 4 Life program have generally found the diet to be too strict in terms of meal plans and scheduling, and they have found the food choices to be extremely limiting.
Although this plan may help lose an initial amount of weight, without more variety and the addition of exercise, it is unlikely the weight would stay off for life.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as a medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."