- SkinnyFit Tea is another weight loss tea that we review to see how safe & effective it is and if you really can shed pounds drinking it.
What is SkinnyFit Tea?
SkinnyFit Tea is a weight-loss product which is marketed as a supplement to enhance weight loss without following a specific diet. This tea promises to reduce bloating and help burn fat.
Who manufactures SkinnyFit Tea?
This product is manufactured by a company called Skinnyfit, which is located in Denver, Colorado. The company was founded in 2015 and is in the health and wellness industry. They’re dedicated to producing products that use only organic ingredients.
What are the ingredients in SkinnyFit Tea?
SkinnyFit boasts 13 “superfoods” in every cup, including: matcha green tea, yerba mate, sencha green tea, oolong tea, goji berries, milk thistle, ginseng, lemongrass, nettle leaf, dandelion leaf, guarana, stevia leaf, and peach powder.
Each of these ingredients are generally recognized as safe to consume. Some of the key substances include:
- Matcha Green Tea – Green tea is high in caffeine which can enhance mental alertness. A meta-analysis in the International Journal of Obesity released in 2009 concluded that the catechin content of green tea, including epigallocatechin gallate (ECGC), may help with modest weight loss. However, green tea extracts have not been shown to produce meaningful weight loss or weight loss maintenance in overweight or obese individuals as per the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, which is a subset of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States,
- Guarana – This fruit is high in 3 stimulants, specifically, caffeine, theophylline, and theobromine. Its potential role in weight loss is to enhance energy, which could lead to increased physical activity. A study published in the International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders showed benefit for short team weight and fat loss with supplementation of an herbal mixture of Guarana and Ma Huang. However, this was a small sample size (67 subjects) and did not address any long-term effects of supplementation.
- Nettle Leaf – This plant may have anti-inflammatory properties and is also used topically to reduce pain. A randomized double-blind study released in the Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal showed the effectiveness of nettle at reducing clinical symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia compared to placebo, however, research is conflicting and this really only applies to men over 60 years of age
Products Similar to SkinnyFit Tea
How does it work?
Dandelion leaf is used as a diuretic, which suggests weight loss by taking this product may be water weight and not actual body weight. Another reason this tea may assist with weight loss would be if a consumer replaced a high calorie/sugar-containing beverage, such as a latte, juice or soda, with this low-calorie tea.
What are the benefits of SkinnyFit Tea?
- SkinnyFit tea contains no chemicals or preservatives.
- Each cup contains only 10 calories
- There are no laxatives in this product
- Good source of antioxidants
What are the drawbacks of SkinnyFit Tea?
- Ability to burn fat and reduce bloating has not been proven with conclusive scientific evidence.
- Many of the ingredients in this tea can cause negative interactions with medications, for example, goji berries, nettle leaf, and ginseng may interact with blood thinners such as Coumadin
What is the dosage?
A serving size is one tea bag/cup of tea. The manufacturer states that it’s safe to drink 2 cups of this tea every day.
The manufacturer recommends drinking the tea in the morning, 30 minutes before you eat breakfast.
Put one teabag into a cup of boiling hot water and let steep for about 5 minutes. If desired, have another cup before exercise.
Are there any side effects?
We know very little about how the ingredients in this tea affect the body, as studies are limited and usually of small sample size.
The product is high in caffeine, which, as stated above, can lead to nervousness and jitters, as well as increased heart rate. Taking this tea too close to bedtime could lead to difficulty sleeping.
What do the product reviews say?
The reviews are mixed, but overall there were more positive than negative reviews. Some users reported increased energy, reduced bloating, and weight loss.
Consumers posting negative reviews have reported nausea, stomach irritation, restlessness, diarrhea, headache, increased urination, and fast heartbeat.
Other negative reviewers simply found the product to be ineffective and a waste of money.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE – It Works Keto Coffee
What’s the return policy?
The manufacturer has a 90-day money-back guarantee.
Where can you buy this product?
This product can be purchased for a similar price on the manufacturer’s official website or Amazon
How much does it cost?
On the official website, the prices are as follows:
- 1 bag – $69.95
- 2 bags – $105.95
- 3 bags – $149.95
- Subscription of 1 bag a month – $59.95
- Subscription of 2 bags a month – $99.95
- Subscription of 3 bags a month – $135.95
You can also purchase from Amazon for a similar price.
Are there any calories in this product?
The product does contain 10 calories in each tea bag.
Does this product contain caffeine?
Yes. As stated above, this can lead to nervousness, jitters, and difficulty sleeping.
Does this product work?
There were a small percentage of users who found this product ineffective, but mist customers who wrote a review really liked Skinnyfit Tea and found that it helped them lose weight, and mostly that it gave them a lot of energy.
What nutrients are found in the product?
The active ingredients in this product include: matcha green tea, yerba mate, sencha green tea, oolong tea, goji berries, milk thistle, ginseng, lemongrass, nettle leaf, dandelion leaf, guarana, stevia leaf, and peach powde
SkinnyFit Tea is a drink advertised to reduce body fat and bloating. It contains 13 “superfoods” and no chemicals or preservatives.
Reviews are mixed, with some consumers reporting success with their weight loss and bloating reduction, and others finding no benefit.
In addition, some experienced side effects such as nausea, headaches and stomach pain. Prior to taking this supplement, speak with your medical doctor to ensure that the ingredients will not interact with any of your current medications, such as Coumadin.
If you should experience any serious or uncomfortable side effects, stop taking this product immediately and see a doctor if necessary
References Official Website https://www.skinnyfit.com/  SkinnyFit | Complaints | Better Business Bureau Profile https://www.bbb.org/us/co/denver/profile/tea-manufacturers/skinnyfit-0885-90254460/complaints  National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health| https://nccih.nih.gov/
It may reduce bloating
Regular bowel movements
This is an extremely expensive tea
It’s very high in caffeine, which can increase jitters and nervousness
What's Your Reaction?
Our team is dedicated to giving you the most trustworthy, unbiased, and accurate information. The Diet Insiders articles are based on scientific evidence and written/reviewed by our team of licensed nutritionists and dietitians.
Rachel Wilkinson, MS, RD, LDN, is a licensed dietitian nutritionist in Massachusetts.