- Everything you need to know about using hypnosis for weight loss.
The staggering number of people who are becoming overweight has prompted the search for effective weight loss programs. While there are ways to burn fat and control the appetite, others work on the behavior level to help weight loss.
Hypnotherapy is a popular way to control and manipulate a person’s thoughts, and today it is used for people who want to lose weight.
Hypnosis for weight loss works through the mind and not on a physical level. It requires the hypnotherapist to reach a person’s subconscious to prevent overeating, indulge in exercise and be watchful of the food he or she eats.
The Safety Issues in Hypnosis
Hypnotherapy is a non-invasive way to lose weight.
- It does not require surgery, nor take appetite control products to lose weight.
- At first look, hypnosis for weight loss may seem safe.
However, some experts dispute that it can be dangerous for people who are not psychologically ready for this weight loss technique and may cause them emotional distress.
- Hypnosis may help lose weight. According to a Mayoclinic study, a person can lose an average of six pounds. People who are capable of inner concentration respond much better to hypnotization and were able to eliminate cravings for sugar and other unhealthy food.
- It does not cause physical harm. Since hypnosis works with the person’s mind, there is no need to undergo surgical procedures or pop supplements that may cause risks and side effects to the body.
- You cannot substitute a good diet and regular exercise with hypnosis. You cannot just rely on this technique to effectively lose weight. Instead, you have to integrate it into a good weight loss program for it to really work.
- Hypnosis does not offer a significant amount of weight loss. For dangerously obese people, six pounds is not merely enough for them to be healthy.
- It takes a significant amount of your time and money. Effective hypnosis does not happen overnight. It takes around 20 minutes of your day before you see the results. If you are doing it with a hypnotherapist, it does not come cheap either.
Hypnosis for weight loss seems like a good way to manipulate the person’s mind. By rethinking how you see food and changing the eating habits, you are able to lose weight.
However, hypnosis seems only to work when integrated into an effective weight loss program.
What's Your Reaction?
Lauren is a Registered Dietitian (RD) in Michigan. She has several years of experience in various fields of nutrition.