Food can be a tricky thing for some of us to deal with. We need it to survive, yet if we overindulge it can be extremely harmful, even deadly, and cause serious weight gain.
‘No One’ wants to be overweight. It is unappealing and unhealthy. We have to learn to moderate the things we eat and be sure to know what to stay away from. There are certain foods that are just downright bad for us and are sure to pack on the pounds.
Here are 11 foods that will make you overweight.
- Desserts are among some of the worst foods for you. In a healthy, monitored diet you can add in a few sweet treats every now and then. If you are not careful, it is easy to ruin any diet. Just a simple piece of cheesecake can come in at around 400 calories. For some people that is about half of their daily intake. Cheesecake is a double whammy with calories from sugar and saturated fats.
- Snack foods are one thing that we need to stay away from at all costs. Potato chips are one of the main causes. With the high amounts of fats and low nutritional value, chips should be illegal. Not all snack foods are created equal. If you need a crunchy salty snack to try pretzels. They are high in sodium but have only around 1 gram of fat for a much larger serving.
- Meats are an important source of protein. When you get down to it, chicken, fish, and lean red meats are all great for you. Eating meats like sausages, bacon, and fatty steaks are sure to pack on the pounds.
- When you go out to eat fast food you’re asking for a bigger belly. We know it’s full of fat and high in calories. The portion sizes are out of control. You may be able to add in a few French fries in a healthy diet, but people usually don’t stop at a few. For this reason, and too many other fast food is a big no.
- When we think of smoothies, we think they are healthy. That is a complete misconception. When you go out to get a smoothie they can have as many as 1,000 calories. You would be much better off making your own at home with fresh fruits and low-fat yogurt.
- While were thinking of drinks, most coffees are loaded with sugars and fats. Adding all the extra empty calories are a recipe for disaster. Caffeine can be a good way to boost your metabolism; you just have to watch what form it is coming in.
- Milkshakes and anything ice cream should stay out of your diet. The biggest content of this snack is cream which is loaded with fat. This is not good for the respiratory system as it tends to block arterial veins.
- Baked goods such as muffins are often mistaken for the healthy choice instead of donuts. You’d need to eat about three glazed donuts to match nutrients and calories of certain brands.
- Fried foods are one of the worst foods for you. There is no nutritional value and so filled with fats it is extremely bad for you. In many countries, some of these fats have been made illegal.
- Salads can be your worst nightmare. The vegetables in your salad are great for you. The toppings are what kills it. Cheeses and dressings have a massive amount of fat in them that will make some salads spike to around 1,200 calories. If you are thinking your only eating 500 calories, you are doomed to overeat later in the day and be way over your caloric intake.
- Take out foods like Chinese and pizza are sure to make you overweight. Pizza is full of sugars from starch, fats from cheese and meats, and nasty oils. Pizza is around 400 calories a slice and can have up to 34 grams of fat. That is just for one slice!
There are too many foods out there that will make you overweight. This was just a list of 11 but the list can go on and on.
To stay fit, you need to moderate your diet and consume fewer calories than you burn.
NOTE: You can add any of these foods to your diet as long as you acknowledge their calories and fat, and work it into your day.