Summer Yule, MS, RDN
- Her areas of expertise include weight management, recipe development, general nutrition, special diets, and avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID).
- Summer is also the recipe developer at SummerYule.com, a free resource for adults aged 30 or older who are looking to lose 20-50 pounds or more.
- Summer Yule, MS, RDN, is the registered dietitian and content creator behind Summer Yule Nutrition, a free resource for those looking for recipes to help with healthy weight management. She also holds a position as a research assistant at UConn Health.
- Aside from recipe development and research, Summer is a freelance writer and frequent contributor for Healthy Cauldron. You can find Summer in many well-known publications such as Woman’s Day, Prevention, Livestrong, INSIDER, and Healthline.
- Summer’s path into nutrition communications and research was fueled by her personal journey. Her battle with breast cancer at a young age spurred her to make shifts towards a healthier lifestyle, resulting in a 70-pound weight loss. This renewed commitment to health is what ultimately led her to pursue a graduate degree in dietetics and health promotion.
- Summer holds a Master of Science in health promotion from the University of Connecticut as well as a Bachelor of Science in biological sciences from Cornell University. She earned her registered dietitian credential (RD/RDN) in 2018.
- Her research on avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID) received national recognition in 2018 at the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) as well as the Association of University Centers on Disabilities Conference (AUCD).
- She is a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and is part of the Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine (DIFM) practice group.
A Word from Author
I have heard it said that food is the universal language. I am thankful to be involved in a field that so strongly unites us all, while simultaneously working to enhance the quality of life of those who want to capture the transformative power of diet and fitness.