Melissa Bloom, MS, RD, LD, CEDRD
Melissa Bloom, MS, RD, LD, CEDRD is a Registered & Licensed Dietitian in the state of Texas.
- RD with a passion for helping others redefine their relationship with food through science and awareness.
- Director of Nutrition Services at Next STEPS World Wide
- Featured on ABC-15 Sonoran Living, NBC-12 Arizona Midday KPNX and Channel 3 AZ KTVK.
Melissa Bloom specializes in the nutritional treatment of eating disorders and has helped thousands of people work to cultivate their own healthy relationship with food and body.
Melissa is also an avid writer and has directed the crafting of nutrition-related content for health apps and websites. She is an advocate for providing accurate, science-backed nutrition information to the public amongst the fiction that typically saturates our media.
Melissa is experienced with presenting for local news channels and mental health facilities, educating the general public on eating disorders and food facts vs. fiction.
- 2013 MS – Nutritional Sciences - Texas Woman's University
- 2013 Dietetic Internship (ACEND accredited) - Texas Woman's University
- 2011 BS – Dietetics and Institutional Administration - Texas Woman's University
A Word from Author
Nutrition is a complex science, not an opinion. The age of technology has accelerated the voice of nutrition, but unfortunately, most of it is not evidence-based. I believe that empowering my clients to sort through the jumble and jargon and to see through deceptive nutrition messages, can help build a solid foundation to lead to a healthier life. I take a mindful, body-appreciative approach to nutrition, as our food psyche is just as important as what we eat. The brain and the gut work in exceptional ways and our mental health absolutely affects our nutritional patterns. You deserve to feel amazing mentally and physically!