Diana Young, RD, LD, GC-C, ORDM
Diana is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian, Certified Grief Counselor and Ordained Minister.
- Registered and Licensed Dietitian
- Published nutrition and health writer with articles published in Reuters, Hoovers, Livestrong, Chicago Sun Times, coxohio.com, Palm Beach Post, Computer Shopper, Fox News, CT Green Scene, and BBQ Report
- Dietitian of popular healthy living social media websites using instant messaging and video conferencing to help clients achieve their desired outcomes
Diana is a registered and licensed dietitian/nutritionist in the state of Florida. She has medical nutrition therapy experience in acute, long-term care, and in private practice and has coached thousands of clients. She is an experienced weight loss management and diabetes educator. Diana's work has appeared in both print and online media.
- B.S. Florida Southern College in Marketing and Psychology in Lakeland, FL
- B.S. Florida International University with high honors in Dietetics and Nutrition in Miami, FL
- Internship at Pritikin Longevity Center in Miami and the American Heart Institute in South Florida
A Word from Author
I strongly believe in the “food as medicine” approach. Chronic disease is fueled by what we eat. Food may not replace medication entirely, but there are lifestyle choices we can make to assist in improving our health and support our immune system. I also believe food affects our mental health and making the right food choices can prevent cognitive decline. The Mediterranean Diet, DASH diet and the Mind Diet are meal plans that I personally recommend. Bon Appetit!