The Vice-Busting Diet Overview
The Vice-busting Diet is a potentially good plan that suffers from bad marketing. The official website for the diet is very unprofessional looking, consisting of one page of information that is repeatedly interrupted by an ‘Order Now’ instruction.
The creator of The Vice-Busting Diet is Julia Havey, a formerly obese woman who lost over 130lbs by discovering a ‘revolutionary weight loss secret. The website is written in a very ‘folksy’, one-on-one style, showing photographic evidence of Ms. Havey’s weight loss. She is also the narrator on a video presentation that features a number of customer testimonials (as does the website itself).
The site explains nothing about the actual diet plan, for example what type of food is allowed, type of exercise required, although it does provide a good amount of information regarding exactly what products are included and a list of the ‘bonus’ free gifts on offer.
Throughout the web page, in addition to the customer photo testimonials, are written endorsements from Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. David Katz, authors of ‘YOU on a Diet’ and frequent contributors to the Oprah Winfrey show, and Mark Victor Hansen, author of ‘chicken Soup for the Soul’.
The Vice-Busting Diet – Product Description
The Vice-Busting Diet is a 26-week plan that Ms. Havey guarantees will result in a 40lb weight loss in six months. At the time of writing the cost of the plan was offered at a discount rate of $197.00, and came with bonus gifts worth $295.00. For this price, the customer receives a multi-media kit that includes audio, video and written information.
Among the products are a ‘Get Started’ video, a 26-week weight loss journal, a motivational and instructional CD, a 30 minute exercise video, the MP3 ‘Maintaining Motivation’ and The Vice-Busting Diet book. Also included in the price is unlimited access to the ‘members only’ website, personal support from Julia Havey (via phone calls) and, most importantly, the weight loss ‘secret’.
The Vice-Busting Diet Advantage
- Julia Havey seems to have a good reputation in the industry and was named as the Special Ambassador to the HealthCorp (a movement designed to reduce childhood obesity)
- The diet plan provides a number of different weight loss tools
- The plan comes with a 100% weight loss guarantee
- The diet plan is professionally endorsed and has been featured on a variety of news shows (including CBS News and Oprah)
- The website is very easy to navigate
- The plan is offered at a discount rate and with free gifts
The Vice-Busting Diet – Drawbacks
- The website provides no exercise or meal information
- The information is presented in an overall ‘too good to be true’ image
- The website is very basic and unprofessional
- Julia Havey has no professional background or qualifications in the nutritional or medical field
- No clinical trials are shown as evidence of the plans success
The Vice-Busting Diet – The Bottom Line
As previously mentioned, The Vice-Busting Diet could well be a sensible, balanced plan for successful and sustainable weight loss. However, the credibility of the plan is impaired by the secretive and unprofessional manner in which the material is presented.
There are some independent reviews of the diet plan on a handful of consumer forums and there is no doubt that both the plan and Ms. Havey,are recommended by some reputable professionals. However, with so many less expensive and more informative plans on the market it is unlikely that a consumer would be willing to part with almost $200.00 for The Vice-Busting Diet.