What is Acutrim?
Acutrim is a product that although first touted as weight loss pill, is now impossible to buy. The reason for this is that Acutrim contained Phenylpropanolamine, a non-prescription drug similar to amphetamine, which has been found to be extremely dangerous to consumers.
Originally, the drug Phenylpropanolamine was used as a treatment for congestion and stuffy noses as it was effective in restricting the blood vessels and reducing nasal drip etc.
However, after it was discovered that it also worked in suppressing the appetite, it began to be marketed as an efficient weight loss product, Acutrim being one of the resulting products.
The makers of Acutrim no longer have a website and any information regarding the product is to be found on independent dieting and medical sites. Many of these sites warn against the use of Acutrim and any other product containing Phenylpropanolamine.
Acutrim Ingredients and Why it Matters?
Because there is such a lack of information regarding Acutrim it is impossible to say what the pills contained apart from Phenylpropanolamine.
The way this particular substance works in terms of weight loss, is that it increases the heart rate, speeding the metabolism and releases serotonin, a mood enhancer and appetite suppressant.
However, studies have shown that it only works to aid in weight loss for a short period of time (at a rate of approximately ¼ lb per week) and then requires a continuous increase in dosage.
What are the Pros of Acutrim?
- It is designed to increases the heart rate, speeding the metabolism and releases serotonin, a mood enhancer and appetite suppressant.
- Is an appetite suppressant and mood enhancer.
- Contains chromium that aids in controlling of fat and cholesterol levels.
What are the Cons of Acutrim?
- Acutrim is a very unsafe product to take for weight loss.
- The product causes unpleasant side effects plus severe health risks in some users.
- The product only results in short term weight loss.
- The official website has been taken off the internet.
Acutrim Review – The Bottom Line
Even if this product was currently available it would not be a wise idea to take it, particularly for weight loss. Any product that requires continuous increase in dosage is inadvisable and it is highly unlikely that anyone would even consider using a product that contains a banned substance such as Phenylpropanolamine.